om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] om, patchage and whysynth

From: Antonio
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] om, patchage and whysynth
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:19:29 +0200

2005/10/20, Dave Robillard <address@hidden>:
[cut]
> > As said, the configure script has found the dssi header. I've tried
> > also to use --enable-dssi to be sure (but accordingly to the configure
> > --help this should be the default) but the dssi are not found. The
> > console output of om and om_gtk don't mention dssi while starting. How
> > can I specify a path for the dssi plugins in om?
>
> It only prints something if DSSI_PATH is not set, so I guess this means
> you /do/ have DSSI_PATH set (or DSSI isn't compiled in, but apparently
> it is).
>
> Check your DSSI_PATH environment variable.  ('echo $DSSI_PATH' to see
> it, and 'export DSSI_PATH="/foo:/home/bar"' to set it).

I've set the environment variable DSSI_PATH (it was empty before) and
now om see the dssi plugins! Note that om didn't complain about
DSSI_PATH not being set.

> It would maybe be a good idea for me to print out where plugins are
> being located in all cases....

I think so too.

> > Yes I've compiled the midi support. And lash_synth (for example) shows
> > the midi input, but I want to use WhySynth ;-). The patchage vesion is
> > the last tarball 0.2.3.
>
> Try refreshing?  It does happen sometimes that patchage doesn't receive
> notification of new port creations.

Yes, I've refreshed and nothing changes.

> If it still doesn't show up, you might want to check with another patch
> bay (qjackctl, alsa-patch-bay, or aconnect which you're guaranteed to
> have) to see if the port actually exists.  If the port doesn't exist,
> something is wrong with the jack-dssi-host/whysynth combo

The port exist. I can connect my midi keyboard to the whysynth midi
input via qjackctl or aconnect.

Many thanks so far! I will begin to play with whysynth inside om now ;-).

Cheers,

  ~ Antonio