om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] om, patchage and whysynth

From: Antonio
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] om, patchage and whysynth
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 17:56:25 +0200

2005/10/23, Dave Robillard <address@hidden>:
[cut]
> There's nothing special about jack-dssi-host or ghostess.. Patchage
> certainly doesn't know that they're DSSI plugin hosts (or even what a
> DSSI plugin is).  This doesn't really make sense.
>
> Are you sure the MIDI port didn't just end up on a seperate module?
> That will happen if the app sets a different name for it's alsa client
> than it's jack client.

Yes, I've noted that this is the case (for example) for zynaddsubfx.
But with trivial_synth, less_trivial_synth, hexter and whysynth (all
dssi) only one box is created in patchage (I've double checked zooming
out ;-) and this box has only the output port(s) on it.

Am I the only one noting this behaviour?

Tell me if you need further information about my system or if can I do
some further testing.

Thanks for the help :).

Cheers,

  ~ Antonio