om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] om, patchage and whysynth

From: Antonio
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] om, patchage and whysynth
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:43:23 +0200

Hi Dave,

2005/10/20, Dave Robillard <address@hidden>:
[cut]
> > 1) In om_gtk, when I create a new patch, how can I add a dssi plugin?
> > Using the menu Add-> Plugin... I see only the internal om plugins and
> > the ladspa plugins, no dssi plugin is listed. I want to use whyshynth
> > through om ;-).
>
> Sounds like your Om wasn't built with DSSI support (it's optional at
> compile time).  Either that or you've installed your DSSI plugins
> somewhere that Om can't find them - the console output from Om will give
> you all the information you need on this.

As said, the configure script has found the dssi header. I've tried
also to use --enable-dssi to be sure (but accordingly to the configure
--help this should be the default) but the dssi are not found. The
console output of om and om_gtk don't mention dssi while starting. How
can I specify a path for the dssi plugins in om?

> > 2) I've downloaded the patches from Lars Luthman's site and they mostly
> > don't work. I've installed all the ladspa plugins present in debian. I
> > think the problem is with the slide sub-patch. How can I tell om to be
> > aware of this new patch so it can be loaded when needed? (I hope I am
> > been clear enough).
>
> Patch dependencies aren't resolved magically yet, you just need to be
> sure you have it (likely in the same directory as the patch that uses
> it, but it depends).
>
> The patch repository discussion going on right now is about the same
> problem, it will be fixed soon hopefully, and everything will Just
> Work(TM).
>
> Larsl has actually started flattening patches due to this problem, which
> is EVIL..  meaning this is a problem that definitely needs to be fixed.

Ok, understand. No problem for this I'll wait ;-).

> > 3) If I launch whysynth with jack-dssi-host, I can't see in patchage the
> > midi input (I mean, there's no green box on the whysynth box). There is
> > something I can do to made the midi connection?
>
> Sounds like maybe your patchage wasn't built with alsa MIDI support (or
> maybe it's so old it's not even in that version)?  Does anything have a
> MIDI port at all?

Yes I've compiled the midi support. And lash_synth (for example) shows
the midi input, but I want to use WhySynth ;-). The patchage vesion is
the last tarball 0.2.3.

Cheers,

  ~ Antonio