palito-dev

Re: [palito-dev] next version

From: Tom Barnes-Lawrence
Subject: Re: [palito-dev] next version
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 04:12:46 +0100

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 05:08:17PM -0300, address@hidden wrote:
> Not yet.  :)
>
> But it's getting there.
> http://palito.9hells.org/src/palito-dev.2003-08-07.tgz

 Downloaded it last night, and tried it today. I like the way the new
console thingy sort of dissolves over time, neat effect. I was able to
use it to connect to my own server by doing connect localhost into...
but that was all I managed! I looked through the server code, and got
the impression lots of the commands I'd tried typing should have worked,
but perhaps everything I was typing was just being interpreted by the
client. Hmm?

 I couldn't get the client to give usage info properly. Looking at the
client code, it looks as though flush_client_opt() returns 0 if it
couldn't recognise the argument passed. AFAICT that is putting the
argument parser into an infinite loop, and perhaps a -1 was what was
needed.  But I'm not certain, so don't take my word for it.

 Would be interested in seeing any further snapshot versions you do,

  Tomble