pika-dev

Re: [Pika-dev] so... string work

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: Re: [Pika-dev] so... string work
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 17:01:30 +0100

Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:

> So, to sum up the implications for Pika of that long thing:
>
> Strings will be "vtable objects" containing a pointer to a `t_udstr'
> (see src/hackerlab/strigns).

I meant to ask this earlier, but when you say the vtable object should
contain "a pointer to a t_udstr", is that intentional or accidental?
Since t_udstr itself is a pointer value and I don't see any hackerlab
routines yet that require a t_udstr *, am I missing something?

A routine like:

        t_udstr scm_string_value (t_scm_arena arena, t_scm_word * value);

should have a GC-independant lifetime like the scm_big(num|rat)_value
functions.

-jivera