sketch-devel

Re: GUI design of 0.7

From: ecker
Subject: Re: GUI design of 0.7
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:03:29 +0100 (CET)

> Joel Biddier wrote:

[...]
> You just may want to use your best judgment (i.e. what do you want and
> is it easier to code ;-) ).

I think it is probably the best if I start hacking and then we will see
what comes out. From the discussion I got a rather clear picture now. The
probably best is to follow the comment of Valentin Ungureanu and make a
document window with a main menu. The toolbox could then be just a
buttonbox and the document windows are like the "frames" of emacs. Upon
startup a document window will come up. It could contain either an empty
docuemtn or (also as in emacs) a welcome message (what about the logo on
the clouded background?). For the panels I want to follow the nextstep
concepts as close as possible (Nextstep really has the clean and simple
concept I was looking for ;).
In principle I want to come to a situation where many people are familiar
with the skencil code so that we can share development. For the GUI on the
other hand it is more playing with the opportunities than development, so
that the job cannot really be shared and it is easiest to do it myself.
Christof