sketch-devel

Re: GUI design of 0.7

From: Joel Biddier
Subject: Re: GUI design of 0.7
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:18:39 -0800

Joel Biddier wrote:

As for the proposed variants, I also do not feel very happy with them. To make a comparison, they are much like Sodipodi – which has one very large cluttered main “toolbox” (much in the same vain as xfig.).

I should have commented that the variant toolboxes don't look right, but the *idea* is right. It is the number or elements per line that is the problem (i.e. too many columns). Illustrator uses only two columns and there are groupings. I'll make a mock up of what I have in mind (if not using Skencil - i.e. I don't get source code) then a picture (drawn in skencil) to show what I have in mind. Basically, it is what you have in mind (the variants), but
the layout is different.

In summary: I feel you have have the right idea, but the wrong layout.

--J