sketch-devel

Re: GUI design of 0.7 - one more thing...

From: Bernhard Herzog
Subject: Re: GUI design of 0.7 - one more thing...
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:43:10 +0100

Pieter Edelman <address@hidden> writes:

> I thought of more thing which we might have to take into account. What
> really bugs me in the 0.6 Skencil series is that all scripts go in the
> "Script" menu.

The scripts came relatively late during the development of 0.6 and a new
menu for all the scripts was the easiest way to deal with them.  In 0.7
this is a lot better already.  You can put the menu items for your
scripts anywhere you like and you can also create new menus and
sub-menus.  You can even redefine the built-in commands if you like.

> It makes sense to create a toolbar button for them as well (if we ever
> decide where to put the toolbar ;-).

That's not possible yet, but it would be nice to have.

> Even better would be to let the user customize the toolbar, like most
> modern applications do.

That would be very nice to have, too.

   Bernhard

--