sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] 1.0.8 patches

From: Peter Palfrader
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] 1.0.8 patches
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:37:28 +0200

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Yaron Minsky wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:06:01 +0200, Peter Palfrader <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi Yaron, Hello list,
> >
> > first, I'ld like to thank you for integrating all my patches into the .8
> > release.  Thanks!
>
> Thank you for sending me the patches!  I'm always happy for more.
>
> I've forwarded this email to David because I'd like his input on the
> machine readable index patches.    David, do these look sensible?  I
> can't find the copy of your document describing the MR listings.  Is
> that still around?  And do these patches make sense?
>
> Also, Peter, about patch 211, you put UTF8 everywhere there is text,
> including the armored PGP keys.  Does this add anything?  Or is it
> just for uniformity?  And might there be any pitfalls of making
> everything UTF8?

For the index it's important, so the browsers send back the search query
in UTF-8 too.  For instance you can now search for "Noèl" (that's an e
with a gravis) on keyserver.noreply.org and get the real results.

It prints some more, so there might be a bug where it splits the search
string into wrong boundaries.

Being UTF8 shouldn't hurt for armored keys.  The armor uses ASCII chars
< 128 which are the same in UTF8, ASCII, and ISO8859-1 (what it was
previously).

--
Peter