sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] 1.0.8 patches

From: David Shaw
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] 1.0.8 patches
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:28:22 -0400

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 08:52:14PM -0400, Yaron Minsky wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:06:01 +0200, Peter Palfrader <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi Yaron, Hello list,
> >
> > first, I'ld like to thank you for integrating all my patches into the .8
> > release.  Thanks!
>
> Thank you for sending me the patches!  I'm always happy for more.
>
> I've forwarded this email to David because I'd like his input on the
> machine readable index patches.    David, do these look sensible?  I
> can't find the copy of your document describing the MR listings.  Is
> that still around?  And do these patches make sense?

Let me restate what I think the patches do.

208: if the key is thought to be revoked, put an 'r' in the
     pub flags field.

209: Print uat instead of uid for user attribute IDs.

210: Only show the latest selfsig date in uid records instead of all
     selfsig dates.

If my understanding is correct, then 208 is fine, and 210 is fine.
The change in 209 does not match the MR spec, but if showing uat
records is generally thought to be useful, I can add it to the spec.
I'm not sure that anyone receiving a MR listing would care if a uat
exists, but I guess the program could note something like "this key
also has a photo ID" or the like.

It is not clear what the first field (where the name goes for uids)
should mean for uats.  Comments?

David