sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Are IPv6-only keyservers acceptable in the pool?

From: Андрей Коробков
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Are IPv6-only keyservers acceptable in the pool?
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 20:14:48 +0400

Thanks a lot to all: you are very responsive people :)
I would be glad to peer with you all.

I already have set up domain, connectivity and keyserver.

<offtop>
The only problem is to have such a huge key database being built from dump
on my memory-limited 32-bit home server. When I tried to do the thing on my
64-bit desktop
and then copy the DB files to server, SKS didn't want to start because of
something like
"__db.003 environment not found". May be, these DB files are
architecture-specific and binary
incompatible between i686 and x86_64?
Can I do something other than just sit and wait it for build?
</offtop>

To Kristian Fiskerstrand:
That's exactly what I planned. Yes, I have IPv4 connectivity and can (of cause)
add A record
if you wish and think it would be better. But I'm very fond of IPv6 and want
all the internet
to use it sooner. :) So I want my keyserver to be the part of new, better
internet, not the old one.

The other reason is that I have no reverse delegation on my single IPv4 from
my provider and can't have. In IPv6 I already have my own /64 subnet and can do
with it what I want.

--
regards,
Andrey          <address@hidden>