sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Are IPv6-only keyservers acceptable in the pool?

From: Kim Minh Kaplan
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Are IPv6-only keyservers acceptable in the pool?
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 08:23:59 +0000

Андрей Коробков writes:

> The only problem is to have such a huge key database being built from dump
> on my memory-limited 32-bit home server. When I tried to do the thing on my
> 64-bit desktop
> and then copy the DB files to server, SKS didn't want to start because of
> something like
> "__db.003 environment not found". May be, these DB files are
> architecture-specific and binary
> incompatible between i686 and x86_64?

That is strange: according to the FAQ it should have worked.
<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/db-faq-095848.html#AreBerkeleyDBdatabasesportablebetweenarchitectureswithdifferentintegersizesanddifferentbyteorders>

Make sure permissions are right and your environment is straight. Also
check that both computers use the same library version. As a last resort
you can try to invoke db_recover and db_checkpoint after receiving the
DB files on your server.

But I guess that by now your database is already built :-)
--
Kim Minh