spamass-milt-list

Re: Patch 411

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: Patch 411
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 13:59:04 -0500

In the last episode (Jun 04), Chuck Yerkes said:
> Quoting Mike Tancsa (address@hidden):
> > BTW, can this not be integrated into the cvs tree ? It seems to be
> > a feature a lot of people like (myself included)
>
> Perhaps it's time for a new release (0.2?) which has things like
> support for (COMMAND LINE) "do not scan" networks and redirects of
> spam?

The features that have yet to be committed are the spambucket redirect
(I'll just commit #411), and the addition of envelope headers to
spamc's input (easy).  Apparently the RedHat startup script needs some
work too.  After those go in, I think a release would be good.

> One issue I'm running into is that a client is reluctant to run
> software designated "0.1.3a" - even though a glance through the code
> shows it to be pretty simple (given the milter interface).
>
> Any reason not to declare 1.0?

Not really, although people that determine stability by looking at the
version number probably think W2k is more stable than Win98 because
2000 is much bigger than 98 :)

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden