[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Renaming font-latex-title-fontify and font-latex-titl

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Renaming font-latex-title-fontify and font-latex-title-N-face
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:46:11 +0200

On Wed, Apr 27 2005, David Kastrup wrote:

> Nitpickingly, it might be something more like "sectioning" or "section
> heading", since the section is what comes behind it.
>
> We have also texinfo-heading-face (from outside of AUCTeX) and
> LaTeX-section-heading (a function).
[...]
> I think "heading" might be more appropriate.

texinfo has @heading (and @subheading, ...) commands beside @*section.
"sectioning" seems more appropriate to me for `font-latex.el' than
"heading".

On Wed, Apr 27 2005, Ralf Angeli wrote:

> I'd use "sectioning" instead of "section" in order to make it clearer
> that not only the \section level is affected but sectioning commands
> in general.

"sectioning" or "heading" (David's suggestion) are fine with me.  I'd
prefer "sectioning".

> We should define aliases if possible.  I don't want to exasperate all
> the people who customized `font-latex-title-*-face'.  This should
> work:
> (put 'font-latex-title-*-face 'face-alias 'font-latex-sectioning-*-face)

As we have additional -0 and -5 faces, is it worth to pretend full
compatibility?  Probably most users won't need to customize those
anyhow and should be using `font-latex-title-fontify' instead.

>> [1] In revision 5.107.  BTW: `font-latex-title-5-face' still has the
>>     old doc string.
>
> While you are at it ... (c;

Sure. :-)

Bye, Reiner.