[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Renaming font-latex-title-fontify and font-latex-titl

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Renaming font-latex-title-fontify and font-latex-title-N-face
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:43:38 +0200

* Reiner Steib (2005-04-28) writes:

> It doesn't work for me: I've customized (and saved)
> font-latex-title-3-face (background pink), but
> font-latex-sectioning-3-face doesn't have this property (tested with
> Emacs CVS, Emacs 21.3, XEmacs 21.4.17).  What am I doing wrong?

Nothing, I confused this.  Such an alias would help if a program
referred to the face or a user wanted to do `M-x customize-face ...'
with the old face name.  But the new face won't get the looks of the
old one in case it was customized.  So for this purpose it is useless.

I am not aware of a mechanism which does this.  Maybe we could look
for customizations with the old name and copy the values over to the
new face.  But this feels rather dubious.