Re: [AUCTeX-devel] How about a new release?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] How about a new release?
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 15:26:50 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

>> The xemacs-package target seems to work, but it byte-compiles the
>> files with emacs (I don't have xemacs installed).  Probably, files
>> compiled with emacs 24 won't run on XEmacs, right?  How would I tell
>> it to use XEmacs if I had installed it?  Re-configuring with
>> --emacs=xemacs before "make xemacs-package"?
>
> It should do this automatically.  There is a call to `configure' with
> `--with-xemacs' within the make target.

Yes, now with XEmacs installed it works fine.

>> So Ralf, David, if we're going for a new release, I think I need some
>> assistance. :-)
>
> As I've mentioned before, I can do the release as well.  But I haven't
> had time to thoroughly look at the Biber patch which I wanted to do
> before we make a release.  Has somebody else inspected it?

No, I don't use Biber (yet).  But at least it doesn't seem to break
existing functionality.

In my opinion, the current 11.86 release has so many known issues like
preview not working with recent emacsen that it has no value in holding
back a new release, but simply release more often when bugs get reported
and fixed.