Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Integrating support for some viewers

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Integrating support for some viewers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 15:06:08 +0200

Hi Ikumi,

> Hi Mosè,
>
>> Thanks for your patch, looks good to me.  Could you please provide a
>> commit patch with the ChangeLog entry as commit message?
>
> Sorry, I'm not sure how "commit patch" should look like.

I mean a patch for a commit produced with git format-patch.  For
example, to produce a set of patches for the last 4 commits in your
local branch you can use

    $ git format-patch -n4

This is useful because we can easily install the patches preserving
author and messages.

> Actually, I'm
> using mercurial with hg-git plugin, so my patch may lack the detail the
> real git would append.

Ok, fine.  According to http://mo.morsi.org/blog/node/300 `hg email
--git' is the Mercurial equivalent of `git format-patch'.  Make sure
your commit has the ChangeLog entry as commit message, like what we
usually do in AUCTeX.