Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Using dvipdfmx for the path tex->dvi->pdf

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Using dvipdfmx for the path tex->dvi->pdf
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 00:46:06 +0900

Hi Mosè,

> please find attached my patch.  There is a new variable
> (`TeX-PDF-via-dvips-ps2pdf' has a too specific name and is made
> obsolete, but it's still supported for backward compatibility),
> `TeX-PDF-from-DVI', which can have the name of the command to run to
> convert the DVI to PDF or to an intermediate format.  For example, you
> can set it to "Dvips" for the dvips + ps2pdf sequence, or to
> "Dvipdfmx" to convert the DVI directly to PDF with dvipdfmx.

> Comments?

It works just fine, great!  It also catches error of dvipdfmx if it
doesn't go well, and the menu Command->TeXing options->PDF from DVI
selects the value for TeX-PDF-from-DVI as expeced.

Thank you very much.  This change will make Japanese AUCTeX users to
handle pdf outputs more easily.  I appreciate your work.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita