Re: [avrdude-dev] Include GPIO sysfs patch in next release?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Include GPIO sysfs patch in next release?
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 14:52:52 +0200

As Benjamin Henrion wrote:

> Is there any reason why you don't want to include it in your main
> repo?

There's at least a reason that it's not very generic: it covers only a
small fraction of the OSes supported by AVRDUDE.

But the second (and more important) reason for why its priority
regarding inclusion is rather low: documentation update is left as an
exercise to the reader.  Of course, in practice, it means it's left as
an exercise for the maintainer(s). :-(

> Could you include it in your next release?

Would someone be willing to add documentation for it?  My main goal
for AVRDUDE 6.0 is to fix all of the outstanding Xmega issues, and all
my available resources are tied up with this.

Besides, I wonder whether the --enable-gpio feature would better be
auto-probed in configure.ac?