Re: [linuxiran] laptop

From: Zoup
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] laptop
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 19:49:22 -0900

On Thursday 27 November 2003 04:38, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> It's not about Linux. If I buy a product from a company with support,
> and then send them an email asking them a question, I at least expect
> to receive something in reply. (which Zope says he didn't, and
> interestingly he is still recommending this company).
>
> But above all, I agree with Arash. It comes back to taste. I find using
> the ThinkPad trackpoint easier than using a mouse, my professor thinks
> anyone who uses a trackpoint is a freak. Well, it's our choice, and our
> different taste.
>
> > In general if you want to run Linux on a laptop you are on your own.
>
> Mostly yeah. this is the sad situation in an industry which enjoys the
> powerful marketing forces of a convicted illegal monopoly.
>
> > cheers,
> >
> > Milad

in fact , I'm recommending the *product* , not the company .
what millad say is right , in most of time , for linux on laptop's , you are
on your own .

without a doubt IBM think pad is great , best of any chose , but they are
expensive . in Iran , people don't know think pad much , so there is a few of
them and it makes them more expensive :)
Sony Vaio , is " Working" chose , not "perfect" :)
AthlonXP can work good on laptop's , I've got HP pavilion ze 4200 and 3 hour
working /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature is "45 C" ! :)
--
It's a poor workman who blames his tools.