bontz-team

[Bontz-team] story

From: Owen Swerkstrom
Subject: [Bontz-team] story
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:46:14 -0700 (PDT)

By the way, we had more written for the story than
what's in that little text file...  Any clue what
happened to any of that?

It's not terribly important, as we (I) need to start
doing a more thorough write-up anyway, with dialog and
whatnot.  Any ideas on the ideal format for a "game
script"?  With the branches and parallel stuff going
on, writing is going to be a little weird.  I could
break it up into "chapters" that have alternate
versions,  e.g. chapter 1 is pretty much always
chapter 1, chapter 2 might be 2a, 2b, 2c at random,
chapter 3 will be chapter 3a if the player says "yes"
here, 3b if "no", when chapter 6b is completed,
chapter 5 starts over again, weird stuff like that.

Whatever format we figure out, we should come up with
a way of writing out the story that works rather like
the internal game logic in figuring out where along
the quest you are.

Food for thought.