demo-schools-discuss

Re: [DS-discuss]long time no demo?

From: Raman.P
Subject: Re: [DS-discuss]long time no demo?
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 07:46:08 +0100 (BST)

 --- Suraj Kumar <address@hidden> wrote:

>It was  NOT given by
> FSF and it was only
> me who typed it out. Since we are a part of FSF and
> since we should be
> following the manifesto  I wrote in it saying that
> we should call the
> OS as GNU/Linux instead of Linux.

Well exactly this is what I object to 'SHOULD BE
FOLLOWING MANIFESTO'. This is what I don't like, we
just propagate software freedom, not necessarily fsf
manifesto.

> I  dont understand  the relationship  between FSF
> banning us  and the
> volunteer  strength.   Would people  suddenly  quit
> address@hidden  just
> because FSF banned us?

If we don't follow manifesto of FSF as you stated
above what will they do?

> again I fail to understand the relationship between
> having good number
> of volunteers and being with the FSF.

After all we derive our volunteer force mainly from
chennailug, where as you know majority do not
subscribe to fsf views. That's why I say fsf doesn't
attract people.

Raman.P

       visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com