denemo-devel

Re: Denemo Print View only displays Errors.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Denemo Print View only displays Errors.
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 20:09:32 +0000

On Thu, 2021-03-11 at 13:13 -0500, Stephen Crowley wrote:
> The file I downloaded was from http://denemo.org/~jjbenham/denemo-
> mingw/denemo-2.5.0.zip on March 10 at 08:36  hours EST.
That should have been good
> Previously I
> downloaded http://www.denemo.org/~rshann/Denemo2.44Installer.exe but
> had the same problems and then went to the zipped application to try
> and get a fix.
>
> I saw http://www.denemo.org/~jjbenham/mxe/denemo.zip but thought it
> to be a beta version with possible problems that is why I went with
> http://denemo.org/~jjbenham/denemo-mingw/denemo-2.5.0.zip.
> I will try the denemo .zip file.
>
> Here is a screen grab of the Externals Lilypond link. It is valid

That is to say lilypond-windows.exe exists at that location?
This is very concerning, I wonder can you execute this program in a
windows terminal? Firstly you would try

lilypond-windows.exe --version

and assuming that reports something sensible you could try

lilypond-windows.exe test.ly

where test.ly should be a small file you create in plain text
containing the note name "c" between two curly braces:

{ c }

If that works it should create test.pdf which would be a score with a
single note c (an octave below middle c). If not there should be some
error message.

>  but I am not sure about the Graphics Editor. I can not find that
> path.
That's ok - it's not bundled, and is only for the most hard-core use
(creating custom drawn ornaments ...)

Thanks for reporting this - I don't have Windows 10, but others have
tested it I believe.

Richard