Re: [DotGNU]transaction logging and roll-back

From: Myrddian
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]transaction logging and roll-back
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 13:50:56 +1000

Ok, this might sound cheap but why dont we attempt to make transactions atomic?
I was thinking of a Journaling solutions (akin to that of Journaling File
Systems)
Each transaction has a unique ID, now for some odd reason the transaction is not
fulfilled, because its stored in a log and marked active the server will re-try
to fulfill this transaction, until it's sucesfull (ie: it got a reply)

This means that replies from server-server can be considered a transaction,
it also means it becomes easy to update tranasctions, not to mention
implement roll-backs a lot easier.

Myrddian <address@hidden(nospam)au>
"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house
 and four people died".

                   -- Steven Wright