Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU - Four important areas

From: Myrddian
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU - Four important areas
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:07:16 +1000

Acutally CLI, is from what I read easier to implement JIT's on, and can be used
for any language. Java ByteCode and the Virtual machine is too bound to the
language
it makes no sence to expand it, when we have the Specs on CLI which seems
generic
enough, which is what we are after and suit ours needs.

Also the Bytecode should not be "aware" of transaction logins, is assembly aware
of Network problems? Adding this sort of functionality on the Bytecode level
complicates and produces problems.

> We should really get someone on board who is knowledgeable about
> java bytecode, and who can yell us whether it makes sense to
> expand Java bytecode to add the functionality we need (not only
> Bonobo support but also support for transaction logging and
> roll-back.)
>
> What are the alternatives?
>
> Greetings, Norbert.

Myrddian <address@hidden(nospam)au>
"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house
 and four people died".

                   -- Steven Wright