Re: [DotGNU]transaction logging and roll-back

From: Myrddian
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]transaction logging and roll-back
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 13:55:55 +1000

Actually this idea could work for our de-centralized pardigm, imagine that
each server only has knowledge of 6 other server, and each of those know 5
different
machine. Now calculate this, in this case if we decide to only travarse down
this tree 6 times
we can end up with look up sizes at the size of (6^5)+6 machines ( which ends
up about beign
7781 look ups) , easily this is assuming that each entry is unique.

I'll write up more about it, but what do you think?

Also I think we should use a Resource Locator String to indentify services on
other machines
this means that a user could use a single login string for all services on
DotGNU
because the string points back to a server which has the authorization info.

> Good idea :)
>
> I like the idea of having the server check as well, however, if there
> are severe network problems, this could only make things worse.
> (Network storm anyone?)
>
> As such, I suggest we set server checks to be done once in a certain
> amount of time for the entire server, once that time slot expires, a new
> check occurs.  This way, 2000 clients aren't requesting server uptime
> checks from a single server all at once :)

Myrddian <address@hidden(nospam)au>
"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house
 and four people died".

                   -- Steven Wright