Re: [DotGNU]transaction logging and roll-back

From: Myrddian
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]transaction logging and roll-back
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 09:08:58 +1000

Well, the locator string is generic, but can be used to point to services, one
such
service is authentication. The string it self can be used as the login.

And idea would be: <server>:<DotGNU Object/Service>:<Object Info (Plus extras)>

So an idea for authentications would be foo.bar:authen:username(encrypted
object)

Of course if the user to be logged it could use:

address@hidden <= In it would be translated into something DotGNU could use.

Mind you this is not entirely complete, but the string is to be used to
indetify other
services, or information on another machine.

> > Also I think we should use a Resource Locator String to indentify services
> > on other machines
> > this means that a user could use a single login string for all services on
> > DotGNU
> > because the string points back to a server which has the authorization info.
> >

> Now this I really like!
>
> The locator strings becomes something of an internet address, naming the
> server where the information is at... Am I getting your point correctly?
>
> I really like that idea... But we may want to plan on having a portal of
> some sort... We know that Microsoft is going to try to tie passport
> queries into an API and we might not want to lose sight of this.  Of
> course, all the passport-replacement style server has to do is forward
> information.  Beyond that, it shouldn't really do anything.
Myrddian <address@hidden(nospam)au>
"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house
 and four people died".

                   -- Steven Wright