Re: [DotGNU]Bending the twig of .NET (large -- sorry)

From: barry
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Bending the twig of .NET (large -- sorry)
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 22:54:55 -0400

Matthew Copeland wrote:

> You know, if you made a plugin, and got it added to the official mozilla,
> you could maybe get it out in the next version of Netscape.  Then, all you
> have to worry about is making one for IE.  (sick and twisted, I know, but
> they do control something like 80 - 90 % of the browser market share.)
>
> Matthew M. Copeland

Well, they control the majority but I don't know if it's that high :).

There's a problem, though.  What about licensing?

For older versions of IE, this may not be a problem.  But newer versions
of IE may lock out usage with Free Software.  This seems to be a
possible direction that MS is headed in.

I mean, this could be a problem outright, but there's fewer legal ways
around this if that event comes up.