Re: [DotGNU] Ada95 (was Inferno Papers)

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU] Ada95 (was Inferno Papers)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 11:35:17 +1000

Hans-Olof Danielsson wrote:

> It'd be interesting to know how large chunk of the cscc
> code could be reused to implement Ada95 and
> how long time it'd take. For info on Ada see e.g.
> www.AdaPower.com .

It would probably take quite a while.  A lot of the
backend code generation stuff could be reused.

The hardest part would be the front-end parser and
semantic analysis routines, together with the issue
of defining a mapping from Ada types to CTS.  Ada
is a pretty big language.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to bite this off, but
if someone else wants to take it on, that would be
great.