Re: [DotGNU]Licence question about GNU and GCC

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Licence question about GNU and GCC
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:09:41 +1000

James Michael DuPont wrote:

> Have you thought about creating a treecc spec for the
> C language yet?

I've thought about it.  Parsing C into tree form isn't
that hard.  It's the type system and the ABI that I'm
still wrestling with.  C is actually quite a deal more
complex than it looks.  I've got some other fish to
fry first before I can tackle this.

> You have a c, c++, java and c++ interface.
> I support a Perl with XML and SQL layer for the trees,
> and am working on a Perl/DB caching system.

Adding Perl support to treecc shouldn't be hard, but I'm
not much of a Perl guy so someone else would need to
look into it.

It's primarily a matter of adding a "gen_perl.c" file to
the source to output Perl code from the parsed treecc
definition.