Re: [DotGNU]Licence question about GNU and GCC

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Licence question about GNU and GCC
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 03:49:34 -0800 (PST)

> It's the type system and the ABI
> that I'm still wrestling with.
I am thinking about leaving that up to the gcc guys.

> Adding Perl support to treecc shouldn't be hard, but
> I'm
> not much of a Perl guy so someone else would need to
> look into it.

Sure, I mean that is where we can start working on a
common interface. Merging of the code from the
intropector into treecc.
Creating an XML parser interface for the generated
treecc.
Modification of the xml dumps from the gcc to dump
directly into a compatable form.
Voila : a gcc parser interface for DOTGNU....

Even better, we forget about the xml and link the
c-interface from treecc into the ast walker in the
gcc!
That gets rid of the security issues.

This would even work the otherway, use the trees from
you to translate into gcc trees.

Cool.

mike

=====