Re: Introspector & Treecc (was: [DotGNU]Licence question about GNU and G

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: Introspector & Treecc (was: [DotGNU]Licence question about GNU and GCC)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:42:06 +0530

If memory serves me right, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> Is it possible to extract enough infomation from the
> CIL files to produce c-code? a de-parse?
Since C is just a high level assembly language, If a JIT
is possible this "must" be possible. But the question is
will this be useful ?. We are losing our most important
point -- binary compatiblity.
> Why not make the CIL reader just interface to the gcc
> as if it was reading a c file that was dumped?
        Dumped ?. Since Rhys is the person who "knows all" (not me),
he might be able to answer this question correctly. Not for me
to hazard a guess.

        Also I hope you'll be there @ IRC and thrash out all these
stuff (including dreams & wishful thinking) about how to make
Pnet the fastest,leanest and meanest runtime in the block.

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success