Re: Introspector & Treecc (was: [DotGNU]Licence question about GNU and G

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: Introspector & Treecc (was: [DotGNU]Licence question about GNU and GCC)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:40:14 -0800 (PST)

> > Is it possible to extract enough infomation from
> the
> > CIL files to produce c-code? a de-parse?
> Since C is just a high level assembly language,
> If a JIT   is possible this "must" be possible.
Good, Then we can glue the CIL decoder as a gcc
frontend?
> But the  question is will this be useful ?.
To be able to create a native exe via tha gcc given a
CIL file? yes!

>  We are losing our most
> important
> point -- binary compatiblity.

After that we can try and get the CIL back out,
after the optimisation takes place.

One step at a time.

> Also I hope you'll be there @ IRC and thrash out
> all these
> stuff (including dreams & wishful thinking) about
> how to make
> Pnet the fastest,leanest and meanest runtime in the
> block.
I'd love to, but i am flying back home to NJ to visit
my parents on saturday, so I dont think i'll be
getting too much online time,
But I will try to drop in!

Otherwise we can setup a chat in on the pnet
specifically on another time.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont