Re: Introspector & Treecc (was: [DotGNU]Licence question about GNU and

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: Introspector & Treecc (was: [DotGNU]Licence question about GNU and GCC)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:54:45 -0800 (PST)

> The danger I see in writing our own CodeDom is that
> we may essentially end up building our own compiler
in C#.
I was thinking that these classes are very similar to
the ast and the ptree classes, we should identify the
overlap and at least be able to output the codedom
from the pnet c# compiler. As to using it as a
consumer of codedom, would that be bypassing the
compilers front end and feeding it pre-chewed trees?

> Any volunteers to try to adapt the Mono
> implementation
> for use in pnetlib?

As I said, we need to create a mapping of the
different trees on to each other, that is something
that I would be interested in doing. A translation
table if you will.

=====
James Michael DuPont