Re: [DotGNU]"Open source" is not what we do here

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]"Open source" is not what we do here
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:18:54 -0700 (MST)

"Free Software" and "Open Source" are not just categories of software
licenses, they are also the names of two different movements that
disagree on basic different philosophical questions.  DotGNU is
affiliated with the Free Software Movement, not with the other.
We want to have no uncertainty about this.

People are welcome to contribute to DotGNU regardless of where their
personal views on this subject may be, but giving the wrong impression
about which movement DotGNU is affiliated with is not welcome.