Re: [Pnet-developers] [Bug #2806] CSCC virtual memory exhausted

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] [Bug #2806] CSCC virtual memory exhausted
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:49:28 +1000

On Wednesday 19 March 2003 04:40 pm, Fergus Henderson wrote:

> OK, then "Out of memory, or some other (unknown) error" would still be
> a better message than the misleading "Out of memory" message.

And the first time someone gets that message, they will complain "errors
shouldn't be unknown - you should be reporting what is actually happening"
and we'll be back to square one.  Same with "internal compiler error" or
basically any other error that we might produce.

This "bug" is unfixable without creating 10 more equally useless bug reports.
Let it go.  We have much more important things to worry about.  If someone
really cares about this, they can fix it themselves and submit a patch.

Cheers,

Rhys.