Re: [Pnet-developers] [Bug #2806] CSCC virtual memory exhausted

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] [Bug #2806] CSCC virtual memory exhausted
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 18:07:44 +0100 (CET)

Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden> wrote:

> This "bug" is unfixable without creating 10 more equally useless bug
> reports.   Let it go.  We have much more important things to worry
> about.  If someone really cares about this, they can fix it
> themselves and submit a patch.

What I care about here is that we don't deny that generating a _wrong_
error message is a bug, no matter what kinds of user error may be
involved...

Hence I've submitted a patch. :-)

James Michael DuPont <address@hidden> wrote:

> The whole point here rhys is that things dont have to be just done in
> one way. There are many ways to solve a problem.

Yes.  That's in fact the main reason why we chose the leadership
structure for DotGNU that it has:  Multiple development projects
with different leadership, and different leadership style.

In dotgnu-pnet Rhys has the final word on all matters, as long as
what he says isn't wrong for factual or GNU policy reasons.  If
you really can't live with that, you can fork pnet, but it's
practically guaranteed that your fork would never get official GNU
package status, or many users besides yourself... so I don't think
that that'd be a good use of your time.

In SwigSharp (assuming that that proposal gets official approval)
I expect that you'll be maintainer, and hence you'll be able to
make decisions on procedural matters for that package, but don't
complain if Rhys doesn't like your style, and hence doesn't choose
to contribute.... ok? :-)

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Founder & Steering Committee member of http://gnu.org/projects/dotgnu/