Re: [Pnet-developers] [Bug #2806] CSCC virtual memory exhausted

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] [Bug #2806] CSCC virtual memory exhausted
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:02:59 +1000

On Wednesday 19 March 2003 05:25 pm, Fergus Henderson wrote:

> No, because at that point you can with good conscience file their report
> as an enhancement request, not a bug report.

And at what point can I mark it as "closed" and hence no longer on the list of
issues to be addressed?

This is fundamentally an issue about when a bug/feature/whatever can finally
be considered dealt with and no further discussion will be entered into.

So, let me turn this around for a second.  Let's say a bug/request was logged
against Mercury, that no matter what you did it was impossible to satisfy
everyone with an interest in the issue.  What do you do?

Discuss the thing forever with no final resolution?  Do the best you can and
then say "well that's the way it works, deal with it"?  Appeal to higher
authority?

Cheers,

Rhys.