Re: [eLyXer-users] Re: loremipsumize

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Re: loremipsumize
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:45:00 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Sven Hoexter <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ouch, my error (again). I installed the script from /src/ instead of the
> root directory. :(

That is right, there are two versions: the first (in src/) is just a
frontend while the second (in root) is a standalone Python module.

My scheme, while highly practical,  can be a bit hard to understand.
Code is put together into a single script from a multitude of source
files, similar to "compiling" a binary. This process is done for user
convenience so they only need one executable file (or installable
module). For the main script the fronted (src/principal.py) and the
resulting file (elyxer.py) have different names, which helps clear the
confusion; but you have hit the worst possible situation with
loremipsumize.py.

> Ok I'll fix this asap and hide under a rock.

Just that you figured it out on your own is good proof of your value
as a packager. Keep up the good work!

Alex.