Fwd: [eLyXer-users] Re: elyxer trial report

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Fwd: [eLyXer-users] Re: elyxer trial report
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:41:00 +0100

Forwarded to list without attachment.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alex Fernandez <address@hidden>
Date: Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 8:39 AM
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Re: elyxer trial report
To: eLyXer users <address@hidden>

Hi Wolfgang,

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Check first the html file to see the points I was making (distortion of
> figures, fig file turned, references incomplete). Check my lyx file and its
> setting afterward.

I have good news and bad news. Bad news first, as usual: the
distortion of figures is a Firefox bug, they are correctly resized in
CSS. Just try to remove one of them and see how the other is correctly
resized; but when put together they look distorted. I don't know if
you are using Firefox too; try with a different browser and see if the
problem persists (it shouldn't).

As to fig file turned, I see it that way also from within LyX. In fact
eLyXer uses ImageMagick to convert images, and it's ImageMagick which
is producing the turned figure.

Finally, for incomplete references I have good news: I have
implemented one part of it (in the bibliography references themselves)
and am in the process of doing the rest (in the cites). The cites can
take a bit longer, that is why I am sending this intermediate file.
Could you use the attached elyxer.py and see if you like it better?

Thanks,

Alex.