Re: non-gnu elpa issue tracking

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: non-gnu elpa issue tracking
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 00:44:31 -0500

  > >    Homepage: https://github.com/leoliu/ack-el
  >      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't think we need to "hide" this reference if it refers to GitHub.
What is important is that the users not have to _use_ that reference
for anything users do -- such as reporting bugs.

However, listing a repo as a "homepage" for the package -- regardless
of where that is hosted -- risks misleads users.  The risk is that they
might think they should download from there.

The source code in that repo will, in many cases, be different from
what we distribute.  Users should not download it from there.

--
Dr Richard Stallman