Re: non-gnu elpa issue tracking

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: non-gnu elpa issue tracking
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 09:57:52 -0500

>     ("aggressive-indent" :external
> "https://github.com/Malabarba/aggressive-indent-mode";)
> I was under the impression that GNU ELPA required copyright
> assignments?  And that GNU ELPA was part of Emacs, yet this one is
> GPLv2-or-later,

The version in GNU ELPA says:

    ;; This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
    ;; modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
    ;; as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3
    ;; of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

It looks like he didn't fold this fix into his upstream code.

> "is NOT part of GNU Emacs.",

GNU ELPA is both part and not-part of Emacs, AFAIC, so I'm fine
with that.

> is copyrighted by the FSF but Artur Malabarba who is the author of
> this package has no entry in the copyright.list?

He sure does (with a few more names between Artur and Malabarba).
His email is `bruce.connor.am@gmail.com`.

        Stefan