Re: question regarding my emacs package

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: question regarding my emacs package
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 02:40:46 +0200

ram via "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel@gnu.org> writes:

> what versions does this impact? i’ve never run into this on >=27.1?
> can someone confirm?

No, sorry.  In master using this example:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (require 'cl-lib)
  (defun xyz ())

  (cl-defstruct barf "Doc" (buffer-file-name (xyz)))

  (defun barf-foo ()
    (let ((barf (make-barf)))
      barf))
#+end_src

I get an error when trying to load.  It compiles and I can load the
result, but for example M-: (make-barf :buffer-file-name t) errors.

Maybe there are differences due to lexical vs. dynamic binding and
changes to the compiler since 27.1, but I think the basic problem
remains the same.  If I were you I would avoid using 'buffer-file-name'
as slot name.

Michael.