Re: Android port of Emacs

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Android port of Emacs
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 05:46:07 +0300

On 18/06/2023 04:24, Po Lu wrote:
Dmitry Gutov<dmitry@gutov.dev>  writes:

On the flip side, I suppose we should ask how many changes the Android
port requires in the shared code at all. Because if there were none,
maintaining the port in a separate repo, rebasing regularly (and
perhaps automatically), would be a cake walk too.
The problem with this approach is that such a separate repository will
essentially be a fork.  That will be much more difficult for me compared
to keeping it in emacs.git, as it is now: if it does happen, I probably
will have to stop working on one or the other.

What will the difficulty be? If it just comes down to running 'git pull upstream master' once in a while, then this can be a small price to pay.

If the merge conflicts are likely to be frequent, however, that's a different matter.