Re: Android port of Emacs

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Android port of Emacs
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 11:05:13 +0800

Dmitry Gutov <dmitry@gutov.dev> writes:

> What will the difficulty be? If it just comes down to running 'git
> pull upstream master' once in a while, then this can be a small price
> to pay.

The difficulty lies the other requirements of a completely separate
project: the use of my personal inbox as a bug report address, the
unrelated bugs being reported there, having to distribute releases
myself on ftp.gnu.org, and in general the division of my attention
between Emacs and my own fork.

> If the merge conflicts are likely to be frequent, however, that's a
> different matter.

I've only seen three or four merge conflicts over the past few months,
all involving etc/NEWS.