Re: Android port of Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Android port of Emacs
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 08:31:46 +0300

> Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 04:10:35 +0300
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Dmitry Gutov <dmitry@gutov.dev>
>
> We shouldn't be afraid to deprecate and remove unmaintained ports. And
> we shouldn't (like Po already said) delay releases over them.
>
> If we had a consensus on that

This is easier said than done.  In practice, we don't like to release
knowing that one of the platforms we care about is broken.  In fact, I
don't think it ever happened, not even with NS (MSDOS is not a
platform we care about, so it is not relevant.)  We might, of course,
release a broken port if we are unaware that it's broken, but that's
not the same thing.

> I guess the main concern that would remain is whether the Android
> port complicates the common code enough for it to be noticeable.

I invite you to review the results of

  git diff ...origin/feature/android

and make up your own mind about that.