Re: Android port of Emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Android port of Emacs
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 20:50:54 -0400

  > We shouldn't be afraid to deprecate and remove unmaintained ports. And
  > we shouldn't (like Po already said) delay releases over them.

Assuming that Po Lu continues to maintain the Android support, and
that we don't delay releases over them, the only issue is whether the
changes for Android cause trouble in the non-Android code that delays
a release.  How likely is that?  People will be able to try out
the changes on other systems and get problems fixed.  Once that is done,
maybe such problems will be rare and not a significant obstacle to
non-Android maintenance.