Re: Android port of Emacs

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Android port of Emacs
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 17:19:39 +0200

    Eli> Lars, Stefan, Robert, Martin, Mattias, Philip, Dmitry, João, and all
    Eli> the rest of frequent contributors and developers: where are you?  I'd
    Eli> love to hear your opinions on this.

I was going to stay out of this particular tar-pit, but just have two
remarks

- the NS port lost its maintainer quite some time ago: itʼs not gotten
  any worse
- despite what has been said in this thread, the NS port works fine
  (for me). So Iʼm either atypical or more tolerant of the issues

That combined leads me to think that adding the Android port in
mainline would be fine. If it breaks, so be it, as far as I can tell
itʼs not caused any big knock-on changes for other platforms.

Robert