Re: Android port of Emacs

From: Björn Bidar
Subject: Re: Android port of Emacs
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 02:37:35 +0300

>From my point of view I welcome the Android port. I welcome it because
of the possible improvements to mobile usage. Android isn't my platform
of choice but any improvements that also could benefit mobile Linux are
welcome.

The Java part is unavoidable for Android ports, any program is affected
even those using C++ which don't have to deal with the limitations of
Bionic so much (e.g. those using Qt).
If abstracted good many Android specific issues can be even fixed
without knowing Java.