Re: contributing to Emacs

From: Björn Bidar
Subject: Re: contributing to Emacs
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 02:31:12 +0300

Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st> writes:

R> On Sat, Jun 24, 2023 at 9:25 PM Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:
>>
>> This is not a useful place to have a discussion about that,
>> but I don't know what list might be a good place for it.  Sorry.
>
> Speaking from a savannah standpoint, there is no (public) mailing list
> for FSF/GNU infrastructure discussion, at the moment.
>
> Please write to mailman@gnu.org as the official place to contact
> mailman admins.  This will also reach the GNU vols and FSF sys admins
> who need to be kept in the loop as changes are made.

Ok I will summarize my point to them and cc the list.

In this thread we got sidetracked and talked about improving the
accessibility of contributing to Emacs (and thous all Gnu projects in
this case).

Gnu still uses Mailman2 which uses Python2 which is EOL.

Is there a plan to upgrade to Mailman3? Doing so and also enabling
Hyperkitty could help the accessibility because of a more modern ui that
helps people on different screen resolutions and less familiarity of
using email.

Br,

Björn Bidar